Scott Walker, Wisconsin GOP Poised To Cut Worker Rights In Budget Fix
“In exchange for bearing more costs and losing leverage, public employees were promised no furloughs or layoffs. Walker has threatened to order layoffs of up to 6,000 state workers if the measure did not pass.”
This sort of tyrannic abuse of power over workers is what necessitated unions in the first place. This action more closely resembles communism than free-market capitalism. Gives new meaning to “The Badger State.”
I guess this is one way to shrink the size of government – deep pay cuts and no performance pay will eventually drive all the good workers away. A good way to discourage professionalism and encourage corruption…
As fewer people can afford to work for the state of Wisconsin, state services will dwindle – including quality education. Citizens will find it an unpleasant place to live, and businesses will find few well-educated workers to employ. But what are employees and customers when you get all those tax breaks.
Wisconsin is taking the lead in the race to the bottom.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost
- Wisconsin Governor Caused Crisis He Now Wants To “Solve” On The Backs Of Public Servants (alan.com)
- Wis. GOP poised to cut worker rights in budget fix (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Wisconsin Workers Fight Back Against Union-Busting Bill (news.change.org)
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Is Faking Fiscal Problems To Bust Unions (oliverwillis.com)
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Unfairly Demonizes Teachers (usnews.com)
- Wis. assembly speaker plans vote on union bill (msnbc.msn.com)
- Scott Walker, Wisconsin Republicans’ Plan To Cut Worker Rights Draws Powerful Protests (huffingtonpost.com)
No comments yet.