Susan G. Komen Hires Consulting Firm To Assess Damage To Reputation
Damage control? How about a little introspection and root cause analysis. I’ll help you get started:
- You put a political activist in a position of authority.
- You let her use SGK for political purposes, attacking women’s health.
- You offered excuses that were not credible.
- You only took corrective action when that didn’t work.
You broke a trust, which will take a lot of work over a long time to earn back.
So what do you do? You hire a PR firm stupid enough to distribute a questionnaire asking how best to play people. Their questions alone make SGK appear even more callous and disingenuous than ever. And more untrustworthy.
To quote Tank Girl:
“Now you’re workin’ my tits.”
Stop thinking like a business and start thinking like a humanitarian organization!
Modify your charter to prohibit political activism. Limit political advocacy to promoting women’s health issues.
If you want to assess damage, don’t just try to schmooze the big donors. Keep an eye on event participation levels. All your support begins at ground level. If you lose the feet on the ground, well, don’t think you’re irreplaceable.
My answer to your questionnaire. Now go learn to be a conservatism survivor.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost
- Don’t ask how to apologize – Do it! The Susan G. Komen/Planned Parenthood Controversy (prdefied.wordpress.com)
- Susan G. Komen Puts Politics Before Purpose (triplepundit.com)
- Pink Hypocrisy: Susan G. Komen Yanks Funding from Planned Parenthood (ecosalon.com)
- Susan G. Komen officials resign in protest (piedtype.com)
- Handel resignation from Komen draws swift reaction on social media – Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)
- Susan G. Komen’s “Abortionplex” PR Nightmare (femination.wordpress.com)