Light Bulb Act: House Republicans Poised To Repeal Incandescent Light Bulb Restrictions
1) Create uncertainty for light bulb manufacturers.
2) Funnel billions more to utility companies.
3) Accelerate need to build more power plants.
4) Add a multi-billion dollar negative stimulus to the recovery.
5) Encourage arrogant, self-centered “patriotism”, AKA nationalism.
The lives of all Americans have become far too interconnected and interdependent for the Plantation-era concept of liberty to function.
“Nothing is more certain than the indispensable necessity of government, and it is equally undeniable, that whenever and however it is instituted, the people must cede to it some of their natural rights in order to vest it with requisite powers.” – John Jay, Federalist 2
As more lives interact, more conflicts arise, and more authority to resolve those conflicts is required. Otherwise, we lose liberty through the sheer weight of population growth.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost
- Why Republicans are fighting to save the 30-cent light bulb (csmonitor.com)
No comments yet.