Michele Bachmann Raises Record $5.4 Million In Three Months
Her support has nothing to do with her qualifications as a Representative and everything to do with her notoriety. She is a standard-bearer and symbol for the far right, a leader of their extremism and embodiment of their ineffectiveness and irresponsibility in matters of true governance.
She believes that we should be a theocracy, and her success is a testament to the incompatibility of theocracy and democracy. Christian fundamentalist money loves her.
She wants to dismantle government of the people in favor of corporate domination, no matter how irresponsible and destructive that is. Corporate money loves her.
Her district has the highest foreclosure and unemployment rates in the state. Little of her money comes from actual constituents.
She has formed a Tea Party Caucus in the House, and effectively dared republicans to join or else. She is accumulating power without any real accomplishment behind it. She says and does anything for political gain. She is the embodiment of what is wrong with American politics.
Those who vote for her fall into three categories:
1) Those who share her extreme ideology. They will vote for her no matter what.
2) Hardline republicans who vote the party no matter the candidate. Long-time republicans are starting to defect in her case as she becomes too extreme for them to accept anymore.
3) Those who don’t pay attention to politics and just vote the party or the name they remember or the ad they believe. A few facts make all the difference for them.
Michele Bachmann is antithetical to our survival as a country. She is pro-religious persecution and pro-corporatocracy, and anti-everything else.
- Anti-freedom of religion other than hers.
- Anti-civil rights that offend her personal prejudices.
Her economic policies have never worked, even for her, yet she clings to them like stone tablets.
She is exactly the sort of politician that we need to get out of government.
- Michele Bachmann Riding Spotlight To Front Of Republican Party: Watch Her Greatest Hits (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
No comments yet.