The End of the Tunnel
Once again, Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey, is looking at the future of his state through the eyes of a gambler. Last time, it was the gaming industry. I guess his plans for building up a tourism economy do not include access to the NYC market. This is an aspect of killing the tunnel that Mr. Krugman did not mention in his article.
He was right to criticize it as thwarting economic stimulus and recovery.
Republicans do not like to pay for anything, no matter how useful. If it had been up to them, we would never have become a world power.
NYT,Paul Krugman: The End of the Tunnel
- Paul Krugman Goes To War With Chris Christie Over Planned Tunnel To New York (businessinsider.com)
- Hooray!! Christie kills the Hudson train tunnel (faustasblog.com)
- Democratic chairman files request for documents related to Gov. Christie’s decision to end ARC tunnel (nj.com)
- Gutsy governor gambles with jobs (cnn.com)
- Frantic behind-the-scenes dealings could resuscitate Hudson River tunnel project (nj.com)
No comments yet.