Enviro groups push Obama for 60 mpg fuel efficiency standard
Definition of IRRESPONSIBLE from Merriam-Webster
: not responsible: as
- not answerable to higher authority
- said or done with no sense of responsibility
- lacking a sense of responsibility
- unable especially mentally or financially to bear responsibility
Businesses are technically responsible only to their owners/investors. Functionally, corporations are typically responsible only to those who exert real control.
Within all other contexts, including the environment, the economy, the future of the country, …, they are the very definition of irresponsible.
Conservatives swear by this irresponsibility. They defend and encourage it. It is their definition of liberty, the freedom to do harm and profit from it.
It is up to the people to demand responsible behavior from all members of society, including “artificial persons” like business entities, and to chart the future of the country. Government exists as the mechanism we have to protect our interests and control our future.
- “The simple fact is this: all the Bush tax cuts were unaffordable. They were an irresponsible act of…” (ihatethismess.tumblr.com)
- How Long Can Ethical Trends Last? (clearlyso.com)
- Socially Responsible Corporations: Business Ethics, Citizenship (social-corporate-responsibility.suite101.com)
No comments yet.