Rand Paul: Obama Is Forcing The EPA ‘Down Our Throats’
Growing up, I did not know that coal plants produced large amounts of waste other than the soot and smoke. It was not until recent years that I learned the waste had toxic elements in it.
I would far rather have the EPA “forced down my throat” than the poisons of corporate greed and irresponsibility.
The true cost of “cheap” coal has gone unnoticed and unappreciated. It is time we know the truth, and recognize the full costs.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost
By all means, put the regulators as close as possible to the money. The miners will be dying to maximize the conflict of interest and corruption that local regulation would encourage.
The states should be regulating their mines themselves, but their ability and willingness to do so is questionable.
- EPA called on to regulate coal ash as hazardous waste (knoxnews.com)
- Kentucky Senate Watch: No, I Love Coal More! (motherjones.com)
- Time to crack down on toxic coal ash (1sky.org)
- Toxic Coal Ash Threatens At Least 137 Sites In 34 States (desmogblog.com)
- Waste Spills at Another T.V.A. Power Plant (NY Times)
- Tennessee Ash Flood Larger Than Initial Estimate (NY Times)
- Coal Ash Is More Radioactive than Nuclear Waste (Scientific American)
- Waste Coal – Waste Dirtier than Coal (Energy Justice Network)
- coal power: wastes generated (Union of Concerned Scientists)
No comments yet.