10 week to-do list: Your ideas for Obama, Republicans – CNN.com:
(CNN) — Strategists on both sides of the political aisle weighed in this week on what President Obama and Republicans must do before the November midterms to give their parties a boost.
For President Obama:
- Govern from the center
- Tout the administration’s accomplishments
- Rise above the partisan bickering
- Shake up the staff
- Stay out of local issues
- Steer clear of the far right commentators
- Keep religion out of politics
- Be conservative, but be bipartisan
- Represent your constituents, not your party’s agenda
- Tell the voters what will be different if Republicans take power
I think that President Obama is already governing from the center – much to the frustration of the Democrats. He has lost 18 months in his forlorn quest for bipartisanship. For the good of the party, he needs to take a step to the left.
He also needs to learn how to better manage the “political bickering” before attempting another intervention, and it is only a matter of time before he will have to intervene again.
Other than that, I strongly endorse these ideas!
No comments yet.